As the weather gets hotter birds, just like us, need to make sure they drink plenty of water. They also love to have a bath, which helps them keep their feathers in tip-top condition.
You can help the birds this summer by making a birdbath for your garden.
What you will need
- Old large shallow bowl or plant pot saucer (remember birds don’t like bright colours)
- Some stones or pebbles
- Cool water
What to do
- Find a nice open place in your garden so cats, cannot surprise your bathing birds.
- Place your bath on flat area so it won’t wobble.
- Spread the rocks and/or pebbles over the deepest part of the bath. Try to create a ramp on one side so that small birds and other creatures can get out easily if they fall in.
- Add cool water the bath.
- Remember to keep the water topped up and clean.
- Find a good spot to watch the birds keeping cool and having fun in the water!