Dye an egg with onion skins – wait until you see what happens!
- Ask an adult to help as this involves hot water
- Take a piece of cloth, big enough to put an egg in (still in its shell)
- Place about 6 layers of the dry onion skins on the cloth (tear them up small)
- Scatter some dry rice over the skins (this makes a great pattern on the shell)
- Place your egg on the skins and wrap the cloth firmly around the egg – twisting the top, use an elastic band to keep it tight
- Put the wrapped egg in a pan of gently boiling water for about 30 minutes
This MUST be done by a parent as water is hot
- After 30 minutes ask an adult take the egg out the water and leave to cool in the cloth (at least 15 minutes)
- Unwrap your egg – wait until you see how your egg now looks!