Using nothing more than a few household items and a plastic drinks bottle, you can attract all types of birds into your garden with this easy to make bird feeder.
Make sure you get a grown up to help with the cutting and hole making
You will need:
- Plastic drinks bottle (Make sure it’s clean!)
- 2 pencils or a pair of chopsticks
- Wire or string
- Wild bird seed
- Make 2 pairs of holes at the bottom of the bottle, large enough for the pencils or chopsticks to fit through. These are where the birds will land when they visit for some food.
- Push the pencils through the holes. These should be fairly snug so they won’t fall out with the smallest gust of wind!
- Make a number of holes down the side of the bottle. These will be where the birds will peck and get food so need to be large enough for the beaks to fit into, but not too large for the seeds to fall out.
- Make two small holes at the neck of the bottle. Thread through the wire or string. This will be used to hang the bird feeder.
- Attach to a washing line or branch and wait for the birds to perch. Hang high enough for birds to see and don’t forget to keep the bottles well stocked so your new feathered friends don’t go hungry.