TCV will manage the risk of COVID as with any other communicable disease by following public health advice. This is:
- If you think you may be ill with a contagious disease, then you should avoid volunteering or mixing with other people.
- If you feel ill, do not come and volunteer with TCV – let your TCV contact know you do not feel well
- If you suspect you have COVID or similar illness, you should take the time off from volunteering with TCV to recover.
During the pandemic we have learned effective methods in reducing the risk of all infectious diseases spreading, these include:
- Ventilate indoor spaces and vehicles with fresh air as often as possible, whilst maintaining comfort levels
- Encourage good, regular hand washing
- Clean workplaces and vehicles regularly
- Issue people their own PPE where possible
TCV shall continue to monitor specific government guidance and recommendations for all volunteering activity in: