The safety and health of our employees, volunteers, and those affected by our work is of paramount importance to The Conservation Volunteers.
26th June 2020
Throughout the COVID-19 crisis, we have followed and adhered to guidance and instruction from UK governments and administrations to avoid or reduce the risks which COVID-19 presents. It remains the case that, where our employees and volunteers can work from home, they will continue to do so.
As we prepare for the resumption of outdoor group volunteering (see the latest statement from our Chief Executive), we are taking a number of steps to keep people safe. We will:
- Publish TCV COVID-19 Secure Guidance on our website and bring it to the attention of volunteers, partners and funders. This outlines physical distancing and other controls we will put in place to keep people safe.
- Produce, approve, communicate, and monitor the implementation of COVID-19 risk assessments for all activities, green spaces, workplaces and travel.
- Identify selected locations where group volunteering will resume first, ensuring that we have landowner and, where required, funder consent. These plans will be updated on a rolling basis to allow further group volunteering to resume safely in due course.
- Contact volunteers to inform them which activities will resume when and explain local booking and joining instructions.
- Gather feedback from volunteering activities, as they resume, to help us evaluate the effectiveness of our TCV COVID-19 Secure Guidance.
- Continue to monitor announcements and guidance from governments and administrations.
Our volunteering programmes connect people and green spaces and deliver outcomes which are as important today as they have ever been, for the environment, for communities, for health & wellbeing and for learning & skills.
We look forward to resuming group volunteering activities to help us towards our vision of healthier, happier communities for everyone.