The safety and health of our employees, volunteers, and those affected by our work is of paramount importance to The Conservation Volunteers.
TCV’s volunteering activities are starting to resume again. Find your local office here to see what sessions are currently running.
We continue to monitor government guidance and recommendations for all volunteering activity.
Although our TCV Covid-19 Secure Guidance is updated on a regular basis, we advise independent, community and volunteering groups to contact their own local authorities for specific regional advice.
It remains the case that, where our employees and volunteers can work from home, they will continue to do so.
As we resume outdoor group volunteering, we are taking a number of steps to keep people safe. We will:
- Publish TCV COVID-19 Secure Guidance on our website and bring it to the attention of volunteers, partners and funders. This outlines physical distancing and other controls we will put in place to keep people safe.
- Produce, approve, communicate, and monitor the implementation of COVID-19 risk assessments for all activities, green spaces, workplaces and travel.
- Explain local booking and joining instructions to volunteers.
- Gather feedback from volunteering activities to help us evaluate the effectiveness of our TCV COVID-19 Secure Guidance.
- Continue to monitor announcements and guidance from governments and administrations.
Our volunteering programmes connect people and green spaces and deliver outcomes which are as important today as they have ever been, for the environment, for communities, for health & wellbeing and for learning & skills.
We look forward to welcoming you back to group volunteering activities to help us towards our vision of healthier, happier communities for everyone.