Our refreshed strategy was launched in March 2018, outlining how we meet our strategic goals to deliver our mission: to connect people and green spaces to deliver lasting outcomes for both.
TCV’s Strategic Goals
- Inspire more people to make a difference – Through social action that improves green spaces, communities and lives.
- Secure more support for our work – We will do more to shout about TCV’s great work and secure the support of more donors, funders, partners and volunteers.
- Use our resources to deliver the greatest impact – We will improve our systems, develop our people and deliver the greatest impact we can using the resources we have.
Our strategy reflects the views of all parts of the “TCV Community” and we are proud that it was developed with input from our people, funders, partners, trustees and, of course, our volunteers.
Our outcomes and how we deliver them
- Communities – Communities are stronger, working together to improve the places where people live and tackle the issues that matter to them
- Environment – Green spaces are created, protected and improved, for nature and for people
- Health & Wellbeing – People improve their physical and mental health and wellbeing, by being outdoors, active and connected with others
- Learning & Skills – People improve their confidence, skills and prospects, through learning inspired by the outdoors
We have been carefully assessing the impact of COVID-19 on TCV and our communities and undertook a Rapid Strategic Review to navigate the charity through this period.
This review provided an important reminder of why TCV is here and that we are needed more than ever. Subsequently we have updated the Why We Are Needed pages of our strategy document to highlight both the challenges facing communities in the UK and share the individual stories from our varied programmes across the country.