TCV offers a range of volunteering opportunities – with the most in-depth being our Volunteer Officer roles. If you’d like to get involved in planning, organising and leading community or environmental projects, this could be the role for you.
Who are Volunteer Officers?
Volunteer Officers guide volunteers on practical projects and help them make the most of their experience. Being a Volunteer Officer can give you new management skills and help your career. As this is a position of responsibility, it will require DBS and our usual safeguarding checks.
What you can expect
- Take on roles with real responsibility – including leading projects and supporting groups of volunteers working to improve green spaces.
- Training and support suitable to the role including enrolment on our Volunteer Officer Leadership Training Programme and access to our Online Training Platform.
- Vocational experience with the opportunity to enhance your employability
- Flexible opportunities – can fit around study/work
- Opportunity to build skills, knowledge and practical experience
- Core training consists of First Aid, Project Leadership, Safeguarding, Risk Assessment and any other training relevant to the specific role
- An agreed role description
- An experienced line manager to oversee your training and development
- Opportunities to shadow and learn from experienced staff
- Branded TCV clothing- t-shirt & outer layer
- Reasonable travel expenses
- All tools, materials and safety equipment to do the job will be provided.