The Conservation Volunteers (TCV) have considerable experience delivering successful employee action days for teams of 6 – 40 people. These offer a range of practical opportunities which make a real difference to a local community project, supporting your Corporate Social Responsibility objectives and providing networking opportunities for staff.
Employee Action Days
Your team carry out valuable work to support the development of the Skelton Grange site – a valuable urban reserve for wildlife and an exciting and varied green space for children and other visitors.
You will work alongside trained leaders from our experienced site management team. They’ll support your team by providing training, guidance and explaining the long term value and context of the work in our site management plan. Our leaders will always aim to provide a fun and enjoyable worksite, within a framework of safety, with a range of tasks available to suit differing levels of ability and practical experience.
Although most tasks happen in our wildlife and education area, teams have also painted and displayed work within our sustainable environmental centre building.
Recent tasks that teams have carried out include:
- Constructing a giant spider shaped flower bed for sensory plants
- Installing a green roof on an outdoor shelter at the centre
- Tree planting to create a new area of woodland
- Habitat management work on our ponds, meadows and hedgerows
Employee Wellbeing Days
If you are looking for something different, we can offer bespoke events for smaller teams of 6 – 15. These not only support team building and networking opportunities based within our wildlife area but also support the NHS 5 ways to mental wellbeing.
Your team can enjoy learning bush craft skills such as outdoor cooking, fire lighting and green woodworking. Teambuilding games, nature-based crafts and relaxing in hammocks gives people a chance to socialise and connect while also enjoying the great outdoors.
Our experience is that campfire based activities such as these provide stimulation, creativity, lots of opportunities for communication and reflection – and they are also lots of fun!
Activities can include:
- Mindfulness activities
- Orienteering challenge
- Den building
The cost of booking Employee Action (EAD) or Employee Wellbeing Days (EWD) is £50 per person plus VAT for a full day or £35 per person plus VAT for a half day. This includes all leadership, training, support, safety equipment for the day, as well as hot drinks and biscuits to keep people going on the day! Lunch catering can also be added for £10 per person plus VAT.
Meeting rooms and away day opportunities
It is possible to arrange a two-part event, combining a part day’s practical work with a meeting housed within our award winning sustainable building. Please contact us for more information on this option. For half day prices, see the Centre Hire section of our website.
The Conservation Volunteers operate all around the country, so if you are looking for an opportunity elsewhere in West Yorkshire, or even further afield, we should be able to help! Please contact the Corporate Partnerships Team on 01302 388 837 or email email@example.com to find out more.
Organising the day
We are experienced in working with a diverse range of organisations, in the private, Government and third sectors, and will assist with planning and logistics to ensure that your team have a fun and rewarding day.
- Option of a site visit beforehand to discuss the project, discuss timetabling for the day and ensure that it will meet the requirements of all involved.
- Full risk assessment will be provided for all activities, and insurance and health and safety provision, including first aiders, will be in place for all tasks.
- All logistics for the day, including tools and equipment organised in advance.
- Clear joining instructions, including directions and a timetable for the day, provided for all volunteers.
- Facilitating the day to ensure it runs smoothly and provides a memorable experience for those involved.
- A chance to explore the wildlife area at Skelton Grange alongside one of our team, to see how your work will contribute to this volunteer centred site.
- Catering can be provided if required. Please contact us in advance to arrange.
- We are also happy to recognise the efforts of your team on the day by photographing activities, both for your own records or for internal publicity and local media recognition. We are also happy to support this by writing a press release for local media if appropriate.
If you would like to make a booking or discuss your options please drop us an email or give us a call.
We are a site in South Leeds, just 2 miles from Leeds City Centre with excellent transport links to the M1 and M62. Visit the How to find Us section of our website.