The weather is warm, the bees are buzzing and the cherries are ripening. Summer has well and truly arrived at Skelton Grange!
Come join us this Friday (24th July 10am – 3pm) for our Summer Festival; a day of fun, activities and crafts.
- Giant Bubbles
- Wildflower seed collecting: learn about the wildflowers we have on site and collect some seeds to take home)
- Make wildflower Seed-bombs: bundles of compost, clay and seeds for easy spreading of wildflower seeds
- Small Mammal Walk/Talk: In the Morning, where will be checking our small mammal traps to see what lives at Skelton Grange
- Wild-Food Foraging Walk: Craig Worral from ‘Edible Leeds’ will be coming in the afternoon to show you all the exciting edible things that grow at Skelton Grange
- Whittle your our Woodland Pencil
- Various crafts, nature art and fun
As well as activities there will be campfire curry and lemonade to keep everybody going!
We’ve got our fingers and toes crossed for good weather, but we’ll be there whatever the weather. So come join us, rain or shine.
Hosted by Skelton Grange with funding from Grow Wild UK (Big Lottery Fund). Visit the Facebook event page for more information.