In our 60th Anniversary year, we are delighted to share with you these four new films, produced in order to demonstrate the different aspects of the charity’s work across the UK, thanks to valuable support from players of People’s Postcode Lottery.
It’s all part of a wider strategy which hopes to connect more volunteers with their local green spaces, delivering lasting outcomes for both people and wildlife.
From local parks and community gardens to Local Nature Reserves and Sites of Special Scientific Interest; from school grounds and hospital grounds to waterways, wetlands and woodlands; TCV aims to connect people to the green spaces that form a vital part of any healthy, happy community.
We’re on a mission to get more people volunteering with us! TCV provides a safe place to volunteer, to learn and meet new people; providing equipment, training and skills so people can make a real difference … Volunteers in turn help us to develop green spaces for the benefit of people and wildlife across the UK, where it matters most – in local communities
Ralph Walker, TCV Marketing Executive
The four new films are available to watch on the four outcomes sections of TCV’s website and aim to demonstrate to potential volunteers the huge scope of opportunities to get involved across the UK:
Feedback for the films has been great:
- “I’m always impressed by how beautifully our staff and volunteers articulate what TCV does and why it’s so special, and you’ve really captured that. I’m trying not to cry into my cup of tea as I’ve watched them…”
- “Wow! I TOTALLY LOVE IT !!!!!!!!! I want to work with everybody. Looks absolutely fabulous … I love the fact that it’s clear, easy to watch and listen to. No jargon. Information is given very clearly. Visually very pleasing…”
- “Wasn’t aware of the term ‘nature deficit disorder’ – but know now… Love the way they show a variety of jobs from seed picking to pruning etc. Gardening / being outside is very very therapeutic as we know. Beautifully filmed and wonderful settings.”
- “I’ve just watched the playlist on YouTube and have to say I think these videos are brilliant, inspirational in fact. I’ve just shared them on my Facebook with a comment of how proud I am to work for TCV. Well done!”
- “I think the new films are really great – represent what we do really well and great to have the short and long versions for each work theme… Fingers crossed it all helps to boost people’s understanding of what we get up to!”
TCV would like to say a big thank you for the support from players of People’s Postcode Lottery, who have funded the making of these films. With their help, the charity is able to attract more volunteers by raising the profile of its important work for people and green spaces.