Food growing and community gardening has something to benefit everyone and getting involved can help you by:
- Promoting healthier lifestyles through physical exercise and improved diet
- Reducing food bills and increasing levels of disposable income (saving you money!)
- Reducing stress levels and supporting improved mental health through hands on involvement.
- Meeting new people in your community
- Offering opportunities for life long learning
TCV Scotland run or support a number of programmes, such as Community Green Gyms, School Green Gyms and community gardens to raise awareness and appreciation of the environment and local food production.
Grow Your Own Food Guide
Our handy food growing booklet gives you a lot of information about what to grow, when and where. This booklet also shows you how to take positive action in your own space, on your allotment and with your community. Whatever space you have, from a large garden to a small window box, there is something for you to grow.