TCV offers a range of volunteering opportunities - with the most in-depth being our Volunteer Officer roles. If you'd like to get involved in planning, organising and leading community or environmental projects, this could be the role for you.
Take a look at our current Volunteer Officer vacancies
Who are Volunteer Officers?
Volunteer Officers guide volunteers on practical projects and help them make the most of their experience. Being a Volunteer Officer can give you new management skills and help your career. As this is a position of responsibility, it will require DBS and our usual safeguarding checks.
What you can expect
- Take on roles with real responsibility – including leading projects and supporting groups of volunteers working to improve green spaces.
- Training and support suitable to the role including enrolment on our Volunteer Officer Leadership Training Programme and access to our Online Training Platform.
- Vocational experience with the opportunity to enhance your employability
- Flexible opportunities – can fit around study/work
- Opportunity to build skills, knowledge and practical experience
- Core training consists of First Aid, Project Leadership, Safeguarding, Risk Assessment and any other training relevant to the specific role
- An agreed role description
- An experienced line manager to oversee your training and development
- Opportunities to shadow and learn from experienced staff
- Branded TCV clothing- t-shirt & outer layer
- Reasonable travel expenses
- All tools, materials and safety equipment to do the job will be provided.
Look for Volunteer Officer opportunities or contact your local office to find out what’s available near you