Welcome to TCV in Norfolk: working with local communities to improve their environment. Check out the links below to find out what’s going on all over Norfolk – this includes our own directly-managed projects and many independent community groups.
Projects run all-year-round unless otherwise stated. Most projects are open to people 16 or over (16-18 with parental permission) regardless of background, and no previous experience or specialist knowledge is necessary. We provide tools, equipment and experienced leaders.
***LATEST NEWS *** We are very proud to be able to announce that the North Walsham Conservation Group (winners of the prestigious CPRE Norfolk Thriving Countryside Award) become an independent community group from April 2019. Activities will carry on as normal, but the volunteers themselves are now running the show – find out more on the North Walsham Conservation Group page
Please see below for links to all that’s going on, or see the bottom of this page for a summary of some of the main options showing what’s on where.
- West Earlham Wood – regular conservation tasks and events
- Netherwood Green Woods – fortnightly conservation tasks and events in South Norwich
- Tuckswood and Lakenham Project Our exciting new food growing and wildlife walks project in South Norwich, also featuring the chance to do practical conservation tasks.
- North Walsham Conservation Group Our award-winning project working on old railway lines around North Walsham.
- Mid Norfolk Conservation volunteers For middle of the day projects in central Norfolk.
- Norwich Environmental Action Team For day projects across the county, minibus transport is provided from central Norwich.
- Other Norwich Volunteering Opportunities Including Mousehold Heath tasks with members of the Norwich Community Green Gym, and other activities.
- Great Yarmouth Green Gym Half-day sessions in Beacon Park Woods, Gorleston, in Great Yarmouth and nearby.
- Groups in Kings Lynn (Gaywood Valley) and more options across Norfolk (list maintained by Norfolk Wildlife Trust).
- Community Groups across the county Other groups you might like to try (list maintained by Norfolk Biodiversity Partnership)
|Norwich||Tuckswood and Lakenham Project||Norwich Environmental Action Team||Norwich Environmental Action Team||Norwich Environmental Action Team||NWT Thorpe Marshes||Buxton Heath (see NWT list)||NCC and NEWS groups (see NWT list)|
|Great Yarmouth||GY Green Gym||GY Green Gym|
|Kings Lynn||Gaywood Valley Group||West Norfolk CV (see NWT page)|
|Dereham||Mid Norfolk Group|
|North Walsham||North Walsham Conservation Group||NWT Broadland Group|
|Mobile / various||See Community Groups page||See Community Groups page|