Welcome to TCV in Norfolk & Suffolk: working with local communities to improve their environment. Check out the links below to find out what’s going on all over Norfolk and North Suffolk – this includes our own directly-managed projects and many independent community groups.
Our new Bungay project is now in full swing! The group has activities every Friday, see the Bungay Green Spaces Project page for activities right in the centre of the “Fine Old Town”!
Our Norwich-based project, the Norfolk Environmental Action Team is now operating all year round on every weekday: 5 days a week! We hope you can join us then, or know someone who can. See below for weekend groups and groups in other areas of Norfolk.
We are busy all year round, join us at any time! Most projects are open to people 16 or over (16-18 with parental permission) regardless of background, and no previous experience or specialist knowledge is necessary. We provide tools, equipment and experienced leaders.
What’s going on in Norfolk & Suffolk
- Norwich Environmental Action Team For day projects across the county, minibus transport is provided from central Norwich.
- West Earlham Wood – regular conservation tasks and events.
- Other Norwich Volunteering Opportunities Including Mousehold Heath tasks with members of the Norwich Community Green Gym, and other activities.
- Netherwood Green Woods – weekly conservation tasks and events in South Norwich.
Outside of Norwich
- Bungay Green Spaces Project We are leading a project for Bungay Green Spaces, funded by The Lottery Heritage Fund.
- Waveney Volunteers for Nature Our newest independent group, working in Diss and surrounding areas.
- North Walsham Conservation Group Our award-winning project working on old railway lines around North Walsham.
- Mid Norfolk Conservation volunteers For middle of the day projects in central Norfolk.
- Great Yarmouth Green Gym Half-day sessions in Beacon Park Woods, Gorleston, in Great Yarmouth and nearby.
- Groups in Kings Lynn (Gaywood Valley) and more options across Norfolk (list maintained by Norfolk Wildlife Trust).
- Community Groups across the county Other groups you might like to try (list maintained by Norfolk Biodiversity Partnership).