Coronavirus Update – In line with the Government’s most recent announcement (4th January 2021) TCV South Yorkshire have postponed all volunteering activities. However, South Yorkshire’s Community Woodlands still remain open and the team are working hard behind the scenes to ensure the woodlands are a safe and welcoming place to be.
Brodsworth Action Team
Every Thursday from 10am–3pm Brodsworth’s very own BATS can be spotted on site.
Brodsworth Biodiversity Action Team (BAT) is a brand new weekly volunteer group and we want YOU on board! Come along and join a group of friendly volunteers to learn new skills, make new friends and put Brodsworth Community Woodlands back where it belongs, in the heart of the community. Join us as we undertake wetland, woodland and habitat management projects to not only benefit wildlife but also the local people and users.
The flasks are filled, the tools are sharpened, all we need now is YOU! No experience is required; we provide the leaders, tools and equipment. All you’ll need is suitable clothing for the weather, a lunch and willingness to help, we provide the rest.
If you’d like to join us on site then contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01302 388832 to book your place.
Key volunteer roles
Why not take your volunteering further by considering one of our key volunteer opportunities?
Key volunteers support everything we do, and our program, respected across the environmental sector, is now available across South Yorkshire. If you’re looking to make more impact, learn new skills or take that next step with your environmental career then spend a while checking out our latest opportunities.
Why become a Key Volunteer?
Key volunteer roles provide the opportunity for people to become a key component of The Conservation Volunteers. There are many benefits to becoming a key volunteer including:
- Learn hands on environmental skills such as habitat management, environmental education or leading groups of volunteers
- A chance to work on real projects and make your mark
- 45% of TCV’s key volunteer progress into full time employment in the environmental sector
- We provide all PPE, branded clothing and reasonable out of pocket expenses
- Opportunities to undertake accredited training courses
- Learn new skills and enhance existing ones whilst being supported and managed by professional staff
- Work towards your personal and career goals
- Each role is tailored to each individual so you can be sure to achieve what you want to through yoiur key volunteer experience
We provide full support, training, and expenses and will work to enable you to get the most benefit from your time with us. Project specific, time restricted or open-ended we have a wide range of roles to suit you.